Friday, April 10, 2009

Marshal

Recorder on. Well, it's been an interesting twenty four hours...The beginning was when Yishal kept us in the fight against the Amarr loyalists despite being heavily outnumbered and outgunned. Naturally, all of our ships were destroyed, many crewman lost, all that. In the aftermath of the battleship losses Inara and I suffered in Huola, Yish and I had a 'talk.' Her talk began with zeal and fervor, and indignation. I argued my case and corrected her, and I think it was then that she began to lose some confidence in herself as a commander. My experience intimidates her, I think. I've been here less than two weeks, I'm not here to walk in and take things over.

That being said, she needed some guidance in leading a fleet of advanced cruisers, something that is a bit beyond her experience. I pointed out many tactics, and suggested altering her style of leadership. Next thing I know, I'm the new God-be-damned Fleet Marshal! Weight of experience, and that long list in my record with the united. While I can't say I don't relish the authority and responsibility, I almost think it is too soon. I don't wish to be seen as a usurper.

He sighs heavily and stays silent for a few minutes.

Well, so much for leisure, I've got to organize combat training and unit cohesion exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment