Thursday, April 9, 2009

Christening the Stone

Recorder on. There was an interesting encounter in the Skyhook two nights back. Aria, for whom I have a special fondness due to her willingness to help me after the black hole incident, was confronted by her cousin and, from my understanding of it, challenged to a duel. Not surprisingly, calling out the damn Herald of Ghost Festival in their own damn bar is not a very bright move. Naturally, after Aria departed to prepare herself...trouble started. In my short time in the family, I've learned that Vincent is as lacking in subtlety as Fear Incarnate. At least, I would call a Hail round to the knee lacking in subtlety. In the end, it doesn't matter the circumstances of her cousin being sent to the infirmary. What is important, at least for this log, is that my sacrificial stone could finally be sanctified.

The sound of pages flipping, as if from an old leather bound book, can be heard.

And the sacrifices shall be drawn upon the stone of the living rock, carved from the bosom of Amarr, and sanctified by the blood of the living.

There is a single loud thump as the book closes.

This reading instructs those of the faith in the proper preparations of the sacrificial stone. Now, granted, the Sani Sabik began when interstellar travel was not as... sophisticated. For those of us that are unable to take stone from Amarr herself, the meaning of this passage indicates the world we live on, not Amarr specifically. One of the first things I did was carve my stone from the face of Tzvi IV. The only thing remaining was to sanctify it with the blood of the living. In a comparison to Aria's belief concerning our own existence, some Sani Sabik, unlike the vile Blood Raiders, view capsuleer blood as a tainted blood for sanctification. It is not our original blood, and thus isn't pure.

That brings us to Aria's cousin, Jihun, I believe his name was. While he is a capsuleer, he was still in his natural born body. His blood was still pure. And when Vince's pistol blew his leg off, there was certainly enough blood around for my sanctification. I'll not mention it to Aria, as I don't think she exactly approves of the Sani Sabik, or at least would not appreciate her cousin being part of the human sacrifices that will be held upon that stone. But after quickly collecting some of his blood, my new sacrificial stone was duly prepared. Now, all that I need is a human sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment