Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Curse, drama, and my own personal style

Recorder on. And I thought Rancer had drama. If the current trends continue, I will be the next one on Inara's rack of pain and pleasure. Vince, Kimochi, and Kelsy all in their own love triangle, Milo and Celia always having their 'cute' little dates in the Skyhook. I don't know about Myrhial's love life yet, thank God, but I'm sure she's going to be lin bed with someone in the corporation. Good thing Inara and I have a strictly platonic relationship. The drama has become so pervasive that I feel my work for the Cartel in Curse to be near a vacation. While here in Curse, I talked to Vince via our personal GalNet server. The man is sick and violent. Not a good combination, especially for fleet operations which are now my responsibility. Fortunately, he has been relieved from active duty. He said he was seeking treatment in Goinard, I hope he cures his ills and the corp can return to a minimal level of drama.

Vaden laughs, a chortle filled with sarcasm and exasperation.

Here I am, complaining about drama, when I have my own personal drama as well. An old friend of Inara and me, Fear Incarnate, has been hanging around the Skyhook. Apparently the bars in Rancer aren't hospitable for him. He's mentioned wanting to join the Ghosts. I can't help but be suspicious. He's always been more muscle than brains, and the directorate of the united know this. Inara thinks he's here to either kill us or keep tabs on us. I don't know. I gave Inara some drugs to hopefully make him talk, but she couldn't get him to ingest it. I'll have to be careful around him. As I said, what he lacks in intellect he makes up for in his brute power. His Kronos is especially worrisome, this corp doesn't have the capability to destroy him in that ship easily. Inara and I might have to bring out Echidna's Daughter and Cyric's Immolation to deal with him.

At least things are going well in my role as Fleet Marshal. Leading one of my small gangs, just Milo, Vince, and Mortis in advanced frigates, we came across a man asleep in a Badger-class industrial while he was unanchoring his privately owned station. We destroyed him, and his pod, and took his POS and fuel. He conveniently had strontium clathrates and helium, both of which I was lacking in for Cyric's Immolation. I sent a message to him thanking him for his contribution to the Cartel's infrastructure. I have yet to receive word back. Perhaps he is still sleeping in his clone station.

No comments:

Post a Comment